Mediator, arbitrator and counsel. She represents clients in domestic and international arbitrations. Ms. Gómez also advices clients in the design and implementation of dispute resolution guidelines. She is head of the privacy and data protection practice area of the firm.
Ms. Gómez was Deputy Counsel and Secretary General of the Arbitration Center of Mexico (CAM) for more than a decade.
She has appeared in Best Lawyers in Mexico for Arbitration and Mediation (2010 onwards), Who’s Who Legal Mexico (2012), and Latin American Council Association Approved: Arbitration (2013 and 2014).
Prior to founding Ortega & Gómez Ruano, Mrs. Gómez was Of Counsel of the firm González Calvillo and corporate attorney at Alestra.
At the moment, she is Second Vicepresident of the National Corporate Counsel Association (ANADE).
- Representation of national and foreign clients of the automotive, mining, airport, and gastronomy industries in arbitrations administered by the Arbitration Center of Mexico (CAM), the National Chamber of Commerce of Mexico City (CANACO), the International Center for Dispute Resolution (ICDR) of the American Arbitration Association (AAA) and the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) .
- Participation as arbitrator on matters administered by national and foreign institutions.
- Design and implementation of an in house mediation program for an automotive company.
- Appointed mediator for disputes arising between a group of automotive companies.
- Adviser for an industry chamber in the drafting of the dispute resolution guidelines for publicity disputes.
- Design of corporate guidelines for prevention and solution of disputes for companies, chambers and other organizations.
Universidad Panamericana, México, D.F. Law School (1992-1997).
Academie of International Law, The Hague, The Netherlands (1998). Course of International Private Law (1998).
Harvard University, Mass., EUA. Legal Writing (1996).
Colegio Alemán Alexander von Humboldt, México, D.F. (1977-1992).
Admitted to practice law in Mexico in 1997.
ANADE Certification (2010 to the present)
Data Protection Professional Certification Course, NYCE (2013)
Privacy and Data Protection:
- Privacy Impact Analysis to a satellite television company, a group of paper industry companies, a multinational electronics firm, among other clients.
- She advices clients in privacy and data protection and the procedures related to same.
Recent speaker and academic events:
- Universidad Panamericana, México, D.F.
Lecturer for “Alternative Dispute Resolution” (2003- 2004, 2013–present). Lecturer for the module on “Mediation”, Professorship ANADE-UP (2010- present). Academic Counselor (2002).
- “Arbitration challenge causes. Conflict of interest” National Arbitration Seminar, Peru, November 2012.
- “Personal data law. A practical view for the insurance sector and risks derived from their operations”, AMEDESEF, Mexico, City, September 2012.
- 8Th Americas Workshop, Chile, April, 2012.
- “Dispute resolution” in Pemex contracts, ANADE, Mexico City, March 2012.
- Latin American Council Association Approved: Arbitration (LACCA Approved), 2013 and 2014. Best Lawyers in Mexico: Arbitration and Mediation, 2010 – present.
- Who’s Who Legal: Mexico- Arbitration, 2012.
Activities and memberships
- Member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) (2012 – present)
- Member of the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN) (2016 -present).
- National Corporate Counsel Association (ANADE) Second Vicepresident (2013 – present). Chair of the Dispute Resolution Committee (2006-2008; 2010 to 2012). Member of the Board of Directors (2008-2010).
- Mexican Chapter of the International Chamber of Commerce (2007 – 2013).
- Member of the NAFTA 2022 Advisory Committee on International Private Commercial Disputes, appointed by the Mexican Government (2003 – present).
- Young International Arbitration Group, London Court of International Arbitration, Latin America representative (2005-2007).
- Author of the blog “Privacy and Data protection for Companies” www.dataprotection.com.mx
- Co-author of the blog “Arbitration” www.arbitration.com.mx
- Co-author “Mexican Law on Commercial Arbitration (Ley Comentada de Arbitraje en Materia Comercial), Themis, 2009.
- Co-author, The International Comparative Legal Guide to: International Arbitration 2009, (Mexican Chapter), Global Legal Group, United Kingdom, 2009.
- Co-author “Commercial Arbitration Manual”(Manual de Arbitraje Comercial), Porrúa, 2004.
Pro bono activities:
- She was head of the Pro Bono Committe of the National Corporate Counsel Association (ANADE)
- Frequently advices non lucrative associations and entrepreneurs in corporate and privacy matters.
- Founder of the blog www.mamastrabajando.com, for working mothers.